The Village of Kenmore NY is located just north of the Buffalo city line and was the location of the
KenMore Stamp Co. The KenMore Stamp Co. was founded in 1933 by Ernest G Jarvis and dealt
exclusively in stamps of the British Empire. The firm grew rapidly and in 1937
built a beautiful new headquarters at Delaware and Kinsey Avenues. Unfortunately the greater
demands of WWII forced Mr. Jarvis, also the president of Niagara Falls Smelting and Refining Co, to sell the
Kenmore Stamp Co. to H E Harris & Co. in 1943.
The story in pictures below.
Left, Ernest G Jarvis, founder of the KenMore Stamp Co. and Rollin E Flowers past President of
the Buffalo Stamp Club and soon to be Vice President and President of the APS.