The Buffalo Stamp Club merged with the Bison Stamp Club in 1926. The BSC
currently has about 100 members. Dues are $12.00 per year.
The Buffalo Stamp Club meets at 7:30 PM on Fridays twice monthly except in June, July and August at the Leonard Post VFW, 2450 Walden, Cheektowaga.
For directions to Leonard Post classic.mapquest.com/mq/1-Z28mJGPVcifMm2OopphI
Current Officers; Alan Davis, President | Bob Meegan Vice President
Alfred Carroccia, secretary | Tim Carey treasurer
Casey Kielbasa, membership secretary
The Buffalo Stamp Club logo is taken from a design used on souvenir sheets produced for the 55th annual APS convention held in Buffalo August 12-16 1940. The history of the building used in the logo is outlined below.
On August 28, 1834 Col Orange H Dibble became Buffalo postmaster. In about 1836-37 the Buffalo Post Office was established by Mr. Dibble in the Old Baptist Church then standing at Seneca and Washington Streets. The first floor was fitted up for public use with four stores provided. The second floor became the post office and was entered by a long flight of stairs. The third floor being used for offices. The building was used as a post office for several years; the post office then was removed to the northwest corner of Washington and Seneca Streets until 1858 when the new federal building was built on the site of the Old Baptist Church. (BME 20 Dec 1885)